Davidstow Mature Cheddar 20 Month Black Wax 250g
Exquisitely intense yet rounded extra mature cheddar with a firm, flinty texture; typically matured for 20 months and presented in a distinctive black wax.
A perfect all rounder; elevating an everyday ploughman’s lunch to a new level, delivering joy on a cheeseboard, or simply savoured with your favourite crackers and a glass of full-bodied red wine.
Designed to deliver a slightly crunchy texture; this is due to the formation of naturally occurring calcium lactate crystals which are found in high quality aged cheddars. These appear as white flecks, developing further as the cheese matures, enhancing both the character and the mouthfeel of the cheese.
Davidstow Cheddar is made with exacting care at our multi-award winning creamery in the Cornish village of the same name. Inspired by our location, nestled between the moor and the sea, our recipe has been meticulously crafted for almost 70 years, ensuring every bite is never less than perfect.
- Intense in flavour yet rounded, with a rugged texture
- Made in the Cornish village of Davidstow since 1951
- Made from 100% Cornish milk
- Typically matured for 20 months
- Royal Warrant (By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Suppliers of Dairy Products Dairy Crest Limited, Surrey)
- Suitable for vegetarians
You may also be intersted in…